Assistant Account Executive
Bennet Group Strategic Communications seeks a self-directed, detailed-oriented individual to fill an assistant account executive position. Must also possess the ability to coordinate multiple activities, provide excellent client service, and effectively manage workflow under pressure of project deadlines. Pay is commensurate with experience level.
Required skills include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to quickly and effectively adapt to client needs, as well as facilitate an efficient, timely workflow for the account team.
- Demonstrated ability to write strategically, including news releases in AP style, fact sheets, media advisories, talking points, copy for newsletter, brochures and websites, etc.
- Media pitching experience – reaching out to local and national media including TV, radio, print and online media outlets.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organization skills to assist with account management of short- and long-term projects and day-to-day account activities.
- Desire to learn new skills and take on challenging assignments – proactively taking on responsibilities and offering ideas.
- Collaborative attitude and ability to work well with the existing Bennet Group team.
- Strategic and creative thinking abilities for developing and implementing communications plans with moderate supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in a communications-related field and a minimum of one year of experience in a public relations or equivalent position is required.
Desired skills include:
- Client-relations experience to effectively participate in day-to-day account activities.
- Experience with communications strategy and project management, including planning, tracking and proactively identifying opportunities to achieve clients’ goals.
- Experience with social media management, including drafting and scheduling Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram posts.
- Experience with videography and video editing (Premiere Pro or Premiere Rush), including capturing video interviews, b-roll and producing edited videos for media and client use.
- An understanding of Hawai‘i’s media landscape with knowledge of statewide and neighbor island media outlets and a desire to monitor and keep up with breaking news and evolving stories facing the state.
Must already live in Honolulu for consideration, no relocation packages are offered.
Bennet Group offers great perks: Work from home, company-provided laptop, iPad, iPhone, Internet service. Full medical/dental benefits at small cost to employee, 401K plan after one full-year of employment.
Bennet Group is an environment that requires hard work and drive, but rewards the same with advancement within the company. We provide public relations counsel and marketing support to many of Hawaii’s top businesses and organizations. To learn more about our company, visit: www.BennetGroup.com
Send resume and salary requirements to Megan Tsuchida at firstname.lastname@example.org.