In October 2020, The Waikoloa Foundation, the philanthropic sister organization to the Waikoloa Land Company, relaunched with renewed purpose and fresh programmatic priorities. Although the Waikoloa Land Company had a longstanding history of stewardship in the area, The Waikoloa Foundation needed to be reintroduced to the community, having been dormant for several years. Hoping to ramp up its support for the Kohala Coast, The Foundation also needed a platform to communicate with and engage kama‘āina, other nonprofit organizations, partners and visitors. Bennet Group helped The Waikoloa Foundation build a social media presence and set a thoughtful content strategy.
• Create a cohesive brand identity for The Waikoloa Foundation to use across its social media platforms.
• Create Facebook and Instagram accounts for The Waikoloa Foundation to promote the renewed Foundation, showcase compelling initiatives and tailor content to best resonate with the community of users on each platform.
• Highlight the people, values and the voice of The Waikoloa Foundation throughout all content and messaging.
• Leverage partnerships to expand upon reach, deepen message penetration with the target audience and build upon the audience base organically.
• Create a two-way dialogue to provide tips, resources and volunteer opportunities to the community while encouraging idea-sharing and discussion around community needs.
• Promote responsible and sustainable tourism practices with travelers and tourists who want to visit Waikoloa.
• Bennet Group created cohesive brand and style guidelines alongside a new suite of branding templates and an expansive visual library.
• Bennet Group skillfully established a social media presence for The Waikoloa Foundation, rooted in The Foundation’s key values and bringing increased awareness to the community work underway.
• For over a year following its relaunch, The Waikoloa Foundation had thoughtful, customized content to use across Facebook and Instagram, creating meaningful connections with its audience and key stakeholders.
• The Waikoloa Foundation managed day-to-day social media posting and monitoring, guided by the content created by Bennet Group. As a result – across Facebook and Instagram – The Waikoloa Foundation went from having no social media presence to sharing more than 60 posts, garnering 300 followers and collaborating with four long-term strategic partners.